Tragedy Strikes Family On Thanksgiving Night, Nov. 23
A devastating fire took the life of Dorothy Diane Barthel, 55, of Scobey when the Klier family home burned Thanksgiving night, November 23, approximately 5 miles west of Scobey.
Four residents were in the home when the fire started and it was reported that all were out of the house when the call came into the County Dispatch office. George Klier, his wife Dea, his step-daughter Dorothy and Dea’s daughter Lori Harris were inside when the fire started.
It is not clear, but in the shock and confusion, Dorothy may have reent...