City Business . . .
Taken from the unapproved minutes of the regular meeting of City Council, City of Scobey, Montana held Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. at City Hall. REGULAR MEETING
Mayor Morgan Lekvold called the meeting to order with councilmen Scott Fishell, Seth Axtman, Jon Baker and Paul Landeraaen present. Also, in attendance were City Attorney Ben Fosland, PWD Steve Berreth and Clerk Sonya M. Southland.
Public Hearings – Mayor Lekvold opened the hearings at 8:31 a.m. No written comments were submitted.
1) Budget Hearing – Mayor asked for comments concerning the 2022-2023 Budget, hearing none, the Budget Hearing closed.
2) SID #18 – Mayor asked for comments, hearing none SID #18 hearing closed.
3) SID #19 – Mayor asked for comments, hearing none SID #19 hearing closed.
4) Permissive Medical Levy – Mayor asked for comments regarding the Permissive Medical Levy, hearing none, the hearing closed.
5) Sewer/Garbage Increase –Mayor asked for comments regarding the sewer rate increase as well as any comments concerning garbage collection rates, hearing none, hearing closed.
Public Works Report – PWD Steve Berreth reported:
• City Loader has been used at the landfill to level off garbage because the County’s Loader is not operating. City is just pushing garbage into a pile so the crew can dump. Council voiced some concerns about using the city loader verses the county loader. City will review the Interlocal Agreementbetweencity and county to exchange use of equipment.
The crew will flush hydrants during the day – should be minimal amount of rusty water but may cause a fluctuation in water pressure; will advertise daily times.
• Issues with the pivot at the lagoon – Agri Industries replaced the motor overload and radio for $3,352.62 but now needs a hydraulic motor on tower number 5. If needed, excess water can be pumped into the old cell if lagoon doesn’t get pumped downenoug...